Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Golden ratio A8 cabinet plans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member Michael V's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15th, 2009
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Golden ratio A8 cabinet plans

    Thanks for the correction. Like I said, Altec was less than consistent with their model numbers. My metal 32s are marked ALTEC 32A, and I've seen a pair of non-metal that were marked 32B.

    AFAIK, the 32 horns were used in only a few models. The A-8, M15, 9849 and 1221 (and your 1231 bfish, that's news to me).



    So, are you guys doing anything special for equalization?? Are you just using stock crossovers?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Golden ratio A8 cabinet plans

    Stock XO on mine, but I just use the 1231s for MI as intended. No complaints with the plastic horns there, but I'd be a bit nervous if I roaded them much.

    In the 1231s, the 808 is less than an inch from the 417 mag, so I wedged a strip of rigid foam between them and zip-tied both together to keep from breaking the plastic when moving them.
    "[I]We're going all the way, till the wheels fall off and burn[/I]!"
    Bob Dylan, from [I]Brownsville Girl[/I]

    [I]"Time wounds all heels"[/I]
    John Lennon, referring to the Nixon/Hoover deportation fiasco.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.